I finally got a copy of Save with Jamie cookbook, and the Butternut Squash Fritters was the first recipe I tried from this book. This is also one of four roasted butternut squash recipes in this book.
The one thing that I had to try to get used to is that unlike his 15 minute meals and 30 minute meals cookbooks, everything takes a bit of time. The most time consuming part of this recipe is roasting the butternut squash, which takes an hour and 30 minutes.
These butternut squash fritters were really fluffy and delicious! It was so yummy that I made it again the next day for our Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1/2 roasted butternut squash
- self raising flour or flour with baking powder & salt
- cottage cheese
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
1. combine mashed butternut squash, self raising flour, cottage cheese, salt & pepper, and egg together.
2. Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat with some olive oil and add heaped tablespoon of the mixture in batches.
3. Flip when they’re golden on the bottom, add 1 knob of butter in the centre of the pan along with some sage leaves.
4. Keep the fritters moving until it’s golden on both sides.
Buy Save with Jamie